Mmmm…. meatballs… 🙂 When our brother Eric and sister-in-law Lindsey were coming to visit last weekend I wanted to make a tasty dinner that I could prepare ahead of time and that everybody would enjoy.
Spaghetti and meatballs is a family favorite. My dad has been making the same spaghetti recipe since we were little. I remember when he taught me how to make it, and the first time I did it all on my own I was so proud that I made Dad’s spaghetti just as good as his!
Here is how I made my meatballs..
Gluten Free and Dairy Free Meatball Recipe
This recipe is based off of a few different GF meatball recipes and my favorite Better Homes and Garden’s recipe I used before going GF.
- 1 lb ground beef (I used locally raised beef)
- 3/4 cup corn grits (I used Bob’s Red Mill Corn Grits)
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Salt and pepper
1. Mix the corn grits with about 2 – 3 tablespoons of water to moisten.
2. Mix ground beef, corn grits, onion, garlic, egg, and seasonings together in bowl. I find it is easiest to mix with my hands, but you can use a spatula or spoon too.
3. Form 1 – 2 inch balls depending on how big you like them. Place on cookie sheet and bake in oven at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until browned.