My favorite thing to order at Generations Restaurant in Wheeling used to be their buffalo chicken ranch wraps. We went there for dinner shortly after I went gluten-free, and when I realized that I couldn’t have it because of the breaded chicken, flour tortilla, and questionable sauces that was the first time I really felt deprived!
A few weeks later I saw Allergy Free Foods Company Chicken Tenderloins in the freezer section of the health food store, and I got the brilliant idea of making my own gluten-free version of my favorite buffalo chicken ranch wraps!
All you need for Tracy’s homemade Buffalo Chicken Ranch Wraps are:
- Allergy Free Foods Chicken Tenderloins (or any other gluten-free breaded chicken)
- Ole Corn Tortillas
- shredded mild cheddar cheese
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- Kraft Ranch dressing (Hidden Valley isn’t gluten free)
- Frank’s Red Hot Original sauce
- Cook the chicken in a pan on medium high heat for about 10 minutes until the outside is crispy and the inside is hot. (The instructions on the Allergy Free Foods chicken tenderloins say to bake, however, I tried baking and they came out soggy!)
- Warm corn tortillas in the microwave or on a griddle.
- Fill the tortillas with the chicken and sprinkle with cheese and lettuce
- Add about 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing to each wrap and top with as much Frank’s Red Hot as you like.
They are delicious! From now on, instead of getting bummed out I can’t eat something gluten-y, I’m going to figure out how to recreate it myself!